Sweet Orange - 100% Pure Essential Oil
Botanical Name: Citrus sinensis
Region or Country of origin: Brazil
Extraction Method: Cold Expressed
Plant Part: Fruit Peel
Aroma: Combination of the intense and concentrated smell of sweet and citrusy.
Color and Consistency: Thin, between yellowish orange and golden-brown.
Description: Cultivated mostly in China, North and South America, Portugal, France, and Mediterranean region. The sweet orange tree belongs to the Rutaceae family with grayish-brown bark and 3 to 4-inch oval green leaves.
Safety: Because sweet orange oil is concentrated and highly potent it should be handled with care. It can cause toxicity if used in excess. Some of the symptoms are diarrhea, vomiting, and headache. Perform some test for sensitivity before applying to your skin.
Shelf Life: 2 years
Blends Well With: Vetiver, cinnamon and other common spices
Sweet orange essential oil is just like the fruit, vibrant and uplifting.
The oil is extracted from the sweet orange peels (Citrus sinensis). This oil is a favorite in aromatherapy due to its diverse therapeutic values.
The primary component in this citrus fruit oil is alpha-pinene, citronellal, geraniol, limonene, linalool, myrcene, neral, sabinene. Limonene or D-limonene is the active compound that forms the significant bulk of the sweet orange oil. Phytochemicals (various biologically active compounds) in this essential oil are highly potent. They can act independently as well as synergically bringing metabolic changes to the cellular level.
Sweet orange oil is widely used in aromatherapy and herbal medicine for a variety of beneficial properties.
Some of the benefits of this pure essential oil are:
- An Antidepressant – It’s a fact, the sweet and citrusy smell is uplifting. The scent of the oil will relax and alert you at the same time. The oil is known to suppress mental anxiety and induce happiness. The reduction in cortisol secretion in your body will increase relaxation and decrease stress. A study in Japan by Mei University found that using orange oil reduced the dosage for patients suffering from depression.
- Calming Effect – The oil can reduce your edgy feeling, fatigue, anger and other negative emotions. The natural sedative effect of this oil is different from the usual drugs. It is nonaddictive, and there are no side effects. Add several drops to your bath or in an infuser at home will put you in a relaxing mood, recovering from your hectic day.
- Anti-inflammatory– Chronic inflammation can be uncomfortable due to swelling and pain. Applying this essential oil will regulate the inflammatory response and reduce redness and swelling. Whether you’re suffering from allergies, injuries, infections, the anti-inflammatory action will make you feel better.
- An Antispasmodic – Muscle cramps can be excruciating and leading to sprains and muscle tears. The relaxing effect of sweet orange oil can bring some relief.
- Mild diuretic – The oil helps your kidneys to remove toxic substances, excess salts and uric acid.
- Antiseptic agent – The oil can disinfect cuts, insect bites, boils, and wounds. Using on children is safe.
- Mild aphrodisiac – Reduces anxiety, and relaxes the mind, arousing your interest in sex.
- Reduces mood swings – Are you feeling anxious or depressed? The anxiolytic properties of sweet orange oil can perk you up. Put 5-6 drops in a diffuser or rub two drops in your palms and inhale deeply to lift your spirits and melt your worries away.
- Reduces acne – The antiseptic effect of the oil helps reduce bacteria that cause acne.
- Provides relief from arthritis – Just mix 2-3 drops of the oil with coconut oil or capsaicin oil and rub gently on the affected area to reduce the pain.
- Improve digestion – Apply the oil to the abdominal area to improve digestion while reducing flatulence and other stomach problems.
- For disinfecting surfaces –The antiseptic value of the sweet orange oil will effectively clean and disinfect surfaces such as kitchen counters, cutting boards, dining table or door knobs. You don’t need much, just 10 drops to a cup of water and wipe them down.
Squeeze several drops in your palms, rub them together and inhale deeply. You’ll feel a calmness and sense of joy.
Other Ways to Use Sweet Orange Essential Oil
- Apply directly on your skin, squeeze a few drops in your bath or into a diffuser.
- Freshen up your clothes and linens by adding several drops of sweet orange oil to a clean wet cloth and throw it in the dryer.
- To make a refreshing room deodorizer, mix 10 drops of sweet orange oil with 3 drops peppermint oil in a spray bottle with water. A few sprays will revive and freshen your home.
Interesting Sweet Orange Essential Oil Information
Orange peels have been used in Chinese medicine for generations. It is also believed to bring good luck and prosperity. In the early 16th century, the orange tree was brought to the west by Portuguese explorers. Today you’ll find sweet orange essential oil is an ingredient in skin care, cleaning products, and food.
Sweet orange oil and grapefruit oil contain the highest percentage of limonene. Studies have shown it has positive effects to support cancer treatment.
Some citrus oils are steam-distilled, but most are cold pressed, squeezing the oil from the rind of the fruit.
Standard Order Return and Refund Policy
Any unopened product within 30 days after the original purchase date (order date) will be applied to a full refund in the same payment method* of the purchase price (less shipping charges).
Any opened product within 30 days after the original purchase date (order date) will be applied to a credit** on your Aromatic Creation account of the purchase price (less shipping charges).
Any opened or unopened product up to 90 days after the original purchase date (order date) will be applied to a credit** on your Aromatic Creation account of the purchase price (less shipping charges and a 10% handling fee). The credit applied to an opened product will be based on the percentage of the product returned.
*Excluding cash. Cash payment will be refunded as account credits.
**For example, if you return 50% of a product, then a credit of 50% (less shipping charges) will be applied to your Aromatic Creation account. Aromatic Creation reserves the right to review each return or exchange on a case-by-case basis.